Friday, July 2, 2010

June 28, 2010

Hey there everybody!


Well another week is gone! I can't believe how fast each week flies by. I have been thinking about time a lot lately and it really hit me that life is really quite short. It doesn't seem like it at times but it really is short. I have realized that I need to cherish every moment in my life. I need to be thankful for everything I have and every trial I go through. I am very grateful for this opportunity I have at life so I can be more like my Heavenly Father. I appreciate all of you and the role you played in making me who I am today.


So this week was HOT again! I couldn't believe how hot it felt. It wasn't just hot but it was humid too so when we walk outside its like a slap in the face because of the temperature and they decided to backhand us with the humidity. Ya I have thought of all the words I could use to describe the humidity and none of them were pleasant so I'll just say "not cool humidity not cool". Nevertheless the work must go on and it has.


We just had a baptism this Saturday. Austin got baptized and he asked me to do it! I was so honored to be chosen to baptize him. It went very good. His mom and step dad came which is cool because they are not members of our church. His two best friends came too and they are not members either. And we were able to make contact with an investigator who we have lost touch with. So the baptism was awesome and really helped us and him.

6-28-10 01

This picture includes, from left to right, Elder Lesuma (Zach’s last companion), Austin (being baptized), Elder Taylor, Elder Gustafson (Zach’s current companion). The baptism was on Saturday, June 26, 2010.


The rest of the week was hot and sweaty. I really never stop sweating so we set our apartment to 65 degrees. It is nice! We have had a lot of fun. Our ward is awesome and all of the success here should and will be attributed to the ward. They help us out so much and the last two people that were baptized are referals from them. I love them and hope I get to stay here for a long time.


This last Saturday after the baptism I did the blazing challenge again with Elder Lesuma (he came down for Austin's baptism). This time they made the wings really hot. They brought them out and the twelve wings were in a soup of the hot sauce. I finished them in 2:05, my fastest time and the fastest time on the Buffalo Wild Wings board. They were so hot that when I started I didn't know I would finish but I did it with tears pouring down my face and I looked like I had a bad sunburn, but I did it. All the waiters and waitresses came to watch because of how bad the wings were. Now my picture is up on that board twice. I am reppin Vegas and the LDS church out here at B-Dubs. After that we were invited to the Elder's Quorum social. That was really fun! They grilled burgers and hot dogs and then the adults played softball. I have never played softball

before so it was a little different but fun.


So ya I am basically having the time of my life out here and never want it to end! I love the Lord and I love you all!

--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment