Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 21, 2010

Hello everybody! How is everybody? Good I hope.

So it has been really hot and muggy lately. It has been not the most enjoyable weather to be out in. As soon as you walk outside you are instantly sweating because it is 90 degrees with 75% to 90% humidity. Pure joy is what this weather brings.... NOT! I really hate the humidity I can handle the heat but the humidity kicks my butt. Well enough complaining from me.

We had a really good week! We got to help a recent convert prepare to go to the temple! It is so rewarding to see what missionary efforts have done for her in her life. She has been completely changed, she wasn't a bad lady before but now she wishes and is striving to live on a higher plane, which is what we all should do. I love her she takes care of us like we were her grandchildren or children. My parents should be very thankful to her.

Last Monday we had a bunch of missionaries come from a ways away. We played basketball from 12:30ish until about 5:30. It was extremely long and tiring. I was exhausted when I went home that night and was happy to hit the sack. We had a good lesson with our baptismal candidate. He is so ready to be baptized. I found out last Sunday that he wants me to baptize him. I couldn't believe it but was very honored. I feel so blessed to be able to baptized another person it is a very special experience.

Elder Gustafson is a funny guy. He and I are really different from one another in a lot of ways but that is what makes it interesting. I love him and he cracks me up all the time. He also is a very skilled teacher. I was worried because some people said he had struggled with that but I think he is great! He is only one transfer older than I am. He is going on 10 months out.

I talked to my mission president about being able to see my sister Brittany while she is down here. He said that I could see her. I can't spend the whole day with her but I can go to lunch with her. I am so blessed to be able to see her. I love her and have missed having her in my life.

I love being out here as I always tell you. Why do you think I love it so much? I love it because I get to share true joy and happiness with people that will be with them through all eternity. There is no "until death do you part" here we preach that through the proper authority you can be together for ALL OF ETERNITY, that's a long time and why wouldn't you want to spend that long with someone you love. I love it and love the change that the restored gospel brings to people's lives.

Carry on everybody! A scripture I read when I am down is Isaiah 41:10. Look it up and it will help you get through you challenges in this life. I love you all!



--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor


6-21-10 01
Pic of me Elder Lesuma and Patti (our apartment manager) on E. Lesuma's last day in Kearney

6-21-10 02
Pic of the district before transfers

6-21-10 03
Us and the Lawters

6-21-10 04
Some boys in the ward. The one in the black shirt is set to be baptized this Saturday and I get to baptize him!

6-21-10 05
Me and Elder Gustafson, a.k.a. G-doggy dog

6-21-10 06
Our baptism. Her name is Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment