I say this every week but I really do hope that everybody is doing well. I am having a great time. Ya I get frustrated at times but that is for the better. I grow in those frustrating times and can change for the better. Everybody just keep your heads up and think of what you can learn from all of your trials.
So this last week was really cool! Our investigator that is getting baptized this Saturday is on fire! She is so ready to be baptized and is ready to make changes in her life that will forever influence he and her family. I am so happy for her and she is really happy for herself. I know that as she keeps on striving to grow closer to the Lord, as she has done so well, that she will find happiness beyond her dreams.
So last Tuesday we had a pretty crazy experience. We went up to this city called Plattsburg and it is not my favorite city I've ever been to. Whenever we go there we feel different but not in a good way. I don't know how to explain it. All I know is that it won't stop me from going there. We did go to this house and as a lady opened the door about 10 roaches fell from the door. It was nasty. On top of that the lady who opened the door wasn't in the best shape, she had a black eye and her teeth were not functional. As soon as we left the porch me and Elder Lesuma realized why we couldn't serve in foriegn missions because we are wimps when it comes to bugs.
The next day was pretty good. We helped build a chicken coup for somebody in our ward. We did the shingles on top and the trim on the side. So now I have done drywall, mudding and taping, and roofing on my mission. I am ready to build a house of my own when I get home lol.
We had interviews the next day. They were great! I really love going to interviews because I can feel President and Sister Van Komen's love. I know that they love us and are a great example of love to us. I hope to be able to portray that love to my investigators. I forgot my binder that had my training I am supposed to give ever district meeting so I was stressing. It worked out though because everybody ended up having to leave before the district meeting could start.
We really have been able to bond with our ward recently. And transfers are coming up so I hope we both get to stay here so we can continue to build from where we are at. I love it out here and would never change it for anything. I love the Lord and that is why I am out here. Elder Lesuma and I have been talking a lot about the difference of obedience because of fear and obedience because of love. We are both working to develop our love for the Lord. Will everybody take some time in their lives to see why they are obedient? I love you all and just want you to be happy.
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
This is of me and Elder Lesuma on Memorial Day with our memorial ties.
This is another picture of our apartment manager's grandchildren they are awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment