Hey everybody!
Well it is the beginning of a whole new transfer and it is weird that I am on my 6th transfer. I say it every time but the time is flying by. I got a new companion.... which I was sad to leave Elder Lesuma because he was SWEET! I will miss him but we both still have a lot of time left on the mission. My new companion is Elder Gustafson. He is a interesting guy but I love him. He is from Rawlins, Wyoming. I hope things will go well this transfer. I will do my best to make everything work well.
Ya last P-day was so cool! I couldn't believe that I got to see Price. So this is how it happened. Me and some elders were eating at a restaurant called Steak n' Shake (I actually ate at the exact steak n' shake while I was on the tour). We were eating there and I saw a big group of kids outside of the window. I remembered that it must be the tour. So after we ate we went looking for Price. I walked into a Panera Bread and he wasn't there. As we were walking away this girl came running out yelled Elder Taylor! She said Price was coming. So he ran over to where we were so it was sweet! I got to see Khol, Chase, and Churro. I loved it! It really wasn't hard at all to go back into missionary mode.
So we are teaching this youth he is 17. He is really cool and would be an awesome missionary. I feel he is going to be baptized soon and he is very open to it. He has some good examples for friends so that is good and he spends a lot of time with 2 boys who are preparing to serve missions. It really is apparent how much examples effect how we act. Our friends really have a big influence on us. I realize now why that is and I feel pretty dumb not seeing it before. Oh well we all learn our lessons later on in life. I was lucky enough to have some great friends that stood by me through thick and thin.
We also met this really cool lady that has been prepared to receive the restored gospel. She came to dinner with us on Monday. She is our apartment manager's friend. Our apartment manager, Patti, is really great! She helps us out with food all the time and she refers everybody to us. I would love to keep in touch with her after the mission.
We also are working with a Recent Convert who has been offended. He got offended at a temple prep class and he is going to the temple in August. He got offended and said he would never come to church but then the missionary that baptized him talked to him and he came to church Sunday. While he was there he got offended by those people again and so he said that he is now staying away. The people that offended him are meeting with him on Tuesday so I hope that it goes well. He is so close to going to the temple and receiving those blessings that will bring him great joy. This is true JOY not that temporary happiness that comes from instant gratification. We tried to explain that to him but he was so mad that he wouldn't listen to us. I'm really happy that he is going to talk with the people who he had a problem with. I really just want him to go to the temple so he can feel that love from Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father that I felt, it is indescribable.
Well other than that things are going really well. We hope to have a couple of people committed for baptism by the end of the week which I think is the most rewarding experience. I love you all and would encourage you to stay close to the Lord. The devil is smart and knows our weak points and attacks them so we need to be strong and push on. I love you all!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment