Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 7, 2010

Hello everybody!

I would like to say that I love it out here. I would guess you all are getting sick of hearing me say that every week but I don't know how else to describe it. All I can say is that I love it.

Well this week was really busy. We had to prepare for our baptism that we had all week long. Getting everything set for that was cool and a great relief.

So today we are suppose to go to one of our member's house and "dress"a turtle. We are suppose to help him prepare it to make a turtle stew out of it. He is famous in the ward for making turtle stew so I am really anxious to try it. I don't know what time we will go but I really wanna go. He is a cool older guy who also asked us to shingle his chicken coup.

We had exchanges this week. Nothing crazy happened this time which was kinda of a relief. After exchanges our ZL came to our area and interviewed our baptismal candidate. She is doing so good. She said something very touching to us the other day. She told us that she feels like we are family. She says she doesn't think we will ever know how much she appreciates us. It made us feel very special. We told her how missionaries feel about the people that they teach. We love them and feel like they are our kids and we have had to raise them. I know its weird but I love it and am making life long friends/family while I am out here.

We had some crazy thunder storms one night. They were a long way away from us but the were still cool. There were also a couple of tornado's further up north so it was pretty exciting.

On the day of her baptism she came and the whole thing went well. On the way home things didn't go quite as smoothly. One of our elderly couple from the ward got in an accident right in front of the car we were in. As we parked Elder Lesuma and I ran over to them. The Brother was ok but the Sister was in some serious pain. Her chest and back were hurting. We stayed by her but we didn't dare move her. We both kinda froze and didn't know what to do. I felt really scared because she wasn't in the best condition before the accident. We went to the hospital with them and they came home later that night with a couple bruises. The guy that they hit was in a hurry and tried to turn left before they came. We knew the guy they hit and he is not a very patient or nice person but he was ok. They didn't attend church because they were pretty sore.

The next day on Sunday our bishop's wife went to pick up the lady who got baptized so she could get confirmed. She didn't answer the door. So they sent me and my comp over. She had told us to bang on the door really loud on Sundays because sometimes her alarm doesn't go off. For those of you who know me well you know that this made me excited when I got the opportunity to do it. Me and Elder Lesuma banged on the door for a long time. She didn't answer so I decided that I wasn't taking no for an answer and I went and banged on her bedroom window and Elder Lesuma tomahawk slammed the door. Needless to say she answer the door and was a little frightened until she saw it was us. She got dressed and came to church. Later that night she came to our presidents fireside and she loved it. She is so happy now and I love it.

Well that was the most exciting things that happened during our week. I love you all and remember to keep close to the Lord.

Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment