Monday, July 19, 2010

July 6, 2010

Hello again everybody!


I hope that everyone is doing good. I sure am! This whole mission is the greatest thing I have ever done. Even the low points, and there is a lot, are amazing. I feel as if I am becoming a new person, I am still the same in a lot of respects but I fell as though I will now rely on the Lord more heavily for the rest of my life. I have been blessed to be able to see my weaknesses and now I can work on those so I can become stronger all the way around.


So this week was a pretty slow week. It was a holiday week so a lot of people were busy or out of town. I would've thought that because so many people would be outside for the 4th of July that we could have been fairly successful but not really. Its ok though we are still seeing miracles popping up. Just last Sunday we had one of the most spiritual fast and testimony meetings I've ever been to, in singles ward. Also one of the members of singles ward came up to us and talked to us about a friend that she took to the Liberty Jail. Her friend is very interested and has noticed something very different about her so he asked. Now he is looking into what it is that makes her different, the gospel of Jesus Christ!!! It is exciting because she wants us to come and teach him!


This week I also got to see my sister Brittany. She came out here on a Church History Tour so I got permission from our President to go see her. A family from the war took us down there and it was so cool! My last companion got to meet Britt too because he is serving in Independence and we met her at the Independence Visitor's Center. It was so cool for me to be able to see her! I have missed my family very much and talking to them on the phone just isn't the same as seeing them in person. She is such a great young woman and she has an amazingly strong testimony.

7-6-2010


Those were the highlights of the week. Other than that it is the same things. I love it but it is still the same thing. You know what is crazy is that when Raul leaves on his mission I will be halfway through mine and my 20th birthday is next month... weird. Well I am loving it out here and would never change my decision to come out. I love the Lord and I love serving Him more than anything else.

I love you all and hope that you all remember Proverbs 3:5 and not to "lean to thine own understanding"

--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment