Ok, I had the craziest experience of my life this last week. So hopefully this isn't disrespectful to anyone in any way. On Monday I was on exchanges with my Zone Leader. We had some appointments fall through so Patti, our apartment manager, had called us and seemed really distraught. We went over to see what was wrong and she told us that she had found one of the tenants dead in their apartment. She also said that the city came and took the body but left the responsibility to clean up the apartment with her. We both offered to help her because of how shaken up she was. She said that she couldn't ask us to do it but we insisted. So we went over there and as soon as we walked in the door my nose experienced something it never has. I guess the tenant was in there for 4 or 5 days before Patti found him. It was the most horrible smell I have ever experienced! It was a mixture of rotting body, feces, and of molding dishes. So it suffices me to say that it stunk! I will never forget the smell or the experience.
So that was a good way to start off the week. Nothing really amazing happened until the end of the week. We had dinner with the old bishop here. His wife told us about a couple that was moving into our area from Concordia. The branch from Concordia helped them move but they are not members or investigators. So we asked if we could come over and help them move in. She is a retired Methodist minister and he is a Baptist. We went over on Thursday morning and it was really cool. They had us sand a room and they also fed us lunch. We had a really good time helping them. While we were helping them they would ask us questions. They told us that the heart for service that the LDS people have is something special and they want to know what makes us the way we are. It was so cool. We taught them about temples, the priesthood, and of Joseph Smith. We invited them to church but they couldn't come because they were going to be in Concordia for Sunday finishing some packing stuff. We got to help them the next day too and it was great! I feel like I had known them for years. I am excited to go back and to teach them.
This Sunday was good too! 3 investigators came to church so that was good. A lady we haven't been able to seen recently came to church with Patti. She is possibly the best member missionary I have ever seen. We also are going to start teaching this young man who just got adopted by one of our members. He is a really special kid and has a great heart. We also got to meet a guy in singles ward who isn't a member but he came up to us and said "Can you help me get baptized?"! I cannot believe how many miracles we saw at the end of the week! We were complaining the whole week because it was a pretty slow week. It was the first week in a long time that we had been under 20 lessons for the week but in the end we were rewarded. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve it but then I realize its not about rewarding me it is about using me to reward the people. I love my mission and I can't get enough of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment