Hello everyone!
So this week must have been the best week of my entire mission! We have been preparing for Alberto to be baptized on my birthday for a very long time and it went very smoothly. While I was on exchanges is when the most surprising news came. I got a call from Elder Gustafson and he said that Chance was going to get baptized in a week from this Sunday. I was so excited and nervous at the same time because transfers were coming up and I wanted to be there. Then he called back and said that they changed it to this Sunday! Yes a day after my birthday! I couldn't believe how lucky and blessed I was. Now here is the reason that it is so amazing. Chance was adopted into the Rogers family about a month or two ago and when an adoption takes place you usually have to wait until the adoption is final to have them baptized. That usually takes 4 to 6 months. So we were teaching him so he would be prepared when that time came. Then we talked about it a week ago and now he got baptized yesterday! The best birthday I have ever had!
Now I will back track a little, on Saturday night Patti had a birthday dinner for me. She invited all her family and the bishop. It was great! She cooked roast beef and I love that stuff. It was so cool to be able to see all the people around me and the weren't even members of the church. They didn't just like me because I was a missionary but because I am me, yay! Sometimes that is confusing. Anyway. Thank you all for the cards. Thank you mom and dad for the present I love it!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment