Hello everybody!!! I would just like to say that this past week has been the best week of my entire mission! I hope everybody else had a good week too. Remember that it still can be good even if it was busy.
So I forgot to tell you all last email that I had to go to a Leadership conference this past week. I left Monday night and came back Friday morning. I was pretty nervous about it because I would have to leave my area for a whole week. We were lucky though because the other DLC, District Leader Companion. Came up to our place for half of the time so it worked. They found a brand new investigator while I was gone!
So this week was cool. I was scared because it will bring big changes in all the missions in the whole world. The missionary board came out and said that missionaries are not using Preach My Gospel effectively. They want to start a brand new simplified MTC curriculum. So I thought it was going to change so much that it would throw us off.
When I went there it was the best thing I have ever done! I was so thankful for the opportunity to go and to learn these things early on in my mission. I was able to change my whole outlook on missionary work. The funny thing is that they didn't teach us anything new. It was all on feeling the Spirit. It was interesting that I was able to have that experience with the minister before I went. During this last week I really learned how the Spirit speaks and how to tell what it is that he is saying. I was able to see that the Spirit doesn't just prompt you in a direction but will tell you exactly what to say and do. I have never felt the Spirit work through me like I did in this last week! I am so excited to be able to use it in my teaching!
We then came home and then I did a baptismal interview. I was so bless to be able to do the interview. I couldn't believe how prepared this man was. He had been taught by missionaries for 7 years but he just got baptized this last Saturday. He had such an amazing testimony and Spirit about him. I was honored to do his interview.
We then got to go to the temple the next day. It was SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patti was so excited and happy that we all got to be there. We went to the distribution center. It was a cool experience because 2 of Elder Gustafson's recent converts were there preparing to do baptisms. They saw him and came to say hi. He was so happy. He also got to go down and do their confirmations! He was so happy and full of joy. Then we went through with Patti and she was so happy and had pure joy on her face. I have never before been as happy as I was that day!
It was the most peaceful and tiring week of my life. I grew so much and really figured out how to keep growing. I love the Lord and I love the blessing of the Holy Ghost. I also love you all! Wow filled with lots of love but that is a product of what I learned!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
The Four Elders
We couldn't help it!
Patti after the temple. With Me, Elder Gustafson, Elder Lesuma, and Elder Childs
Us again
The elders we stayed with for the leadership meeting
The elders from my MTC district that were at the leadership meeting
No comments:
Post a Comment