Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

Hi everyone!

Well this week is another scorcher! The heat index is at 112 degrees! Hot hot hot and more humid. Not my favorite combination. I really miss the dry heat. It is the best. So don't take that for granted. 

So this last week was also really really slow. We still taught our key/ most interested investigators. They are all coming along quite well. The retired Methodist minister and her husband got moved into their house so we will now be able to have more organized lessons. The lessons we had before were more of talking while we were painting. We had our first sit down lesson the other day and I felt the Spirit very strongly. I can't remember much of what I said or what was said I just remember knowing the answer to each question. I know I am not that smart so I know for a surety that it was the Holy Ghost guiding me. I have had a hard time being able to tell the difference between my smarts and the Holy Ghost. I came to the conclusion that if I pause and wait then the Holy Ghost reveals the answer to my mind. In turn I have no fear about what I am going to say because it is truth from God. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and how much it has helped me and will continue to help me if I draw on it.

I love the fact that there are people out there that are ready to listen to us. I feel so honored to be able to be as close to the Lord's work as I am right now. I can tell you all at home that if you want to be instantly happier that all you have to do is share the Gospel with one of your friends. You will be surprised at how much they will respect whatever you say because you are friends.


I love you all! So when you are down maybe that will help cheer you up haha!

--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor



 Elder Gustafson all dressed up.


E. Gustafson and his "Green Squall"


 E. Gustafson, Patti and Me... 


Shelby and me


 
 August and I (part of Shelby she was jumping)


Shelby and I Cheesy smiles all around 

No comments:

Post a Comment