Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5, 2010

Hello Everybody!

Well this week has been pretty interesting. It has been sunny pretty much all week long and I got my first taste of Missouri humidity and well..... lets just say its not my favorite. Here there is about a month total of nice weather but other than that it is extremely hot or cold because of the humidity. For the next couple of days we are supposed to have thunder storms and a lot of cities close to me have had tornado warnings but we were ok.

As for the work that has been going on it has been good. We finally hit our goal of 20 lessons this week. Conference was great, as always! I loved it and think it was one of my favorite conferences I've ever listened to. I always am amazed that none of the speakers coordinate at all but their messages always work together and build upon each other.

Now for the big news. On Saturday morning we got a call from President Van Komen. He talked to the other missionary I was with, our Zone Leader, then asked to talk to me. This is what he said to me, "Well Elder Taylor how are you?" I said I was doing good. He says, "That's good. Well me and the assistants have been on our knees all morning praying to try to see who could help us with this problem and the answer came it is you. You are being transferred out of your current area into Kearny 3rd Ward as the new District Leader." I was speechless I couldn't say anything. Honestly I was really disappointed because I want to stay in Blue Mills. I told him I would do it because that's what the Lord wants me to do. He told me I would be leaving Tuesday morning. I am sad because it is in the middle of a transfer and I was so happy I was staying here with Elder Allan. I am now going to Kearny to serve with Elder Lesuma as the District Leader. I am really quite scared because both of us will be new to the area and I've never been District Leader before. So please continue to pray for me, because I know the Lord answers prays and I know he will help me in this calling. I really can't remember much else about the week because I am pretty much in shock. Also, the reason I am being transferred out is not because of me but because of some elders up in that area that have been breaking the rules and not even doing missionary work at all.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope that you know I love you all. Keep your faith strong and always remember the Lords love for each and every one of you.

Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

This is our lesson on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment