This week has been a crazy week! I got double transferred into a huge area. My companion's name is Elder Lesuma and he has been out for four months so we are both really new. Its awesome! So I thought that I would just be covering Kearney 3rd ward but we are covering Kearney 1st, 2nd (the singles branch), and 3rd so Sundays are really busy. Its funny that they put E. Lesuma and I into these wards because of how new we are. We are not even a year combined yet. I haven't hit my 6 month mark yet so we're not even in double digit months! That's ok though because he was incredibly prepared to come out on his mission. He is from Taylorsville, Utah (its the Salt Lake City area). He played baseball in high school and was pretty good at it. I feel so blessed to be his companion.
We came in and didn't know what to do so we decided to visit as many of the ward leaders as possible and investigators as well. We had some trouble but I feel that this Sunday really helped out a lot. We are already seeing miracles. Our apartment manager gave us 31 referrals the other day. We couldn't contact them all because of our other meetings but we will. We also got to meet this lady and her son. We were walking outside and she asked if we could come help her and we did. She is really cool and her son is cool too. He is 15 but like 6'4" or 6'5" and probably 250ish. Its crazy! They in turn fed us yesterday and we have been accepted into their family.
I had a District Meeting the day after I got here and the Assistants were there. It was good to have them because they were able to help me if I needed it and E. Glenn showed me around because this was his first district leader spot. I don't really like district meetings because I have to do a training everytime but I learn a ton while I'm preparing so its good. We have interviews this Thursday or Friday. I'm so excited!
Sunday was so long yesterday. We were there from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. so 8 and a half hours! We were both so tired afterwards but at the same time I felt good. I love the wards out here they are so supportive and I am so blessed to be here.
So I had to do accountablilities last night. They are when I call all the other companionships in my district and I talk to them about their area. I talk to them about baptismal dates and about other investigators and we try to figure out ways to help the work move forward. I also talk to them about how well they are getting along and their goals. I also have to make sure they are being obedient to the rules so thats a little tuff because who is going to tell on themselves.
Well I am loving the mission more and more each morning and feel like the Lord put me here so I could learn how to do missionary work from the wards. I love you all!
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment