Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010

Hey everybody!

Another week has flown by! I cannot believe that time can travel this fast! I stop and think about my mission and how long I have been out and it blows my mind! On the 21st of April it will be 6 months. I feel like I just came out last week. I hope that time slows down because I love it out here. Although I have heard that time just travels faster and faster, good news for the mothers I guess. Well anybody who reads this and is considering a mission I say GO! It is the best 2 years of my life so far and I know it will and is setting me up for a better life than what I would've had if I had not come out. I have learned how to rely on the Lord for what I think I need and I have more fully realized that what I think I need usually isn't the best for me. The only thing I know I need is I need to continue to develop my relationship with my Heavenly Father and that through developing that I will be worthy of the blessings that the Lord wants to bestow upon me. I love this work and feel so blessed to be able to be serving a mission. I heard all these stories about how hard a mission is and they are kinda true but not really. A mission is a blessing, I feel that the people I teach have changed me for the better maybe even more than I have changed them. I truly love the people of this mission and especially of the Blue Mills Ward.

Well as far as the week has gone it has been GREAT! Our recent converts 2 step children got baptized last Wednesday! Their names are Tina and Nisa. Tina is about to be 16 and Nisa is going to be 15. It was amazing to see the joy that they had and how much they grew during the lesson, it wasn't us but the Spirit of the Lord. I loved to be able to be a part of it. They asked me and my companion, Elder Allan, to baptize them. It was my first time baptizing anybody and I was really quite nervous. I was worried I would mess it up. I just wanted the experience to be a joyful, perfect one for them to look back on. I did it in one try! Yay! It was really cool because I was nervous the whole time before but as soon as I stepped in the water and Tina walked down my fears went away; I realized that my fears were actually quite selfish and that I was able to be a part of something much bigger than me. After and before the baptism the girls, their family and us couldn't wipe the smiles off of our faces. They are going to the temple to do baptisms this Friday. On Sunday they got confirmed and they asked me and Elder Allan to do it for them again. I was really nervous not that I would mess up but because it happens in front of the whole congregation but yet again the Spirit calmed my fears. I love to give people blessings because you really are able to feel the Savior's love for that specific person. Its an amazing experience. I love this family and feel honored to be able to be part of their growth towards the Lord. I also have learned so much from them and am never going to forget them. One more exciting thing happened this week and it was that we were able to find out a long time investigator's concern with being baptized. It is that he has prayed about Joseph Smith and doesn't feel he has yet received and answer to his prayers. Suggestions anybody?

Well I love you all and I can say that with a sure heart. I honestly do hope things are going well for all of you. Remember to have daily prayer it really does help.


Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment