Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

Hey everybody! How goes it?

Well last Monday was a bit of a boring day. It's ok though because my companion wasn't feeling too well and it was a relaxing day for him. I also got to catch up on some sleep that I feel like I've been missing out on. We also were very excited because we scheduled a time to go to the Visitor's Center with a investigator. We were going to watch the Joseph Smith movie and we were both very excited! We went over to his house and he wasn't there :( We both were pretty sad and didn't think that he would just dodge us like that. We realized that, that's the great thing about this life that we all have the right to choose. We actually talked with him later on and everything seemed like it will work out for the better.

We found three new investigators this week! My companion, who has been out for 18 months, said that its the most he has ever found in one week. I feel so blessed to be trusted to help teach and to learn with these people! One was a referral and we went to go visit him and he said come back later that week so we did. He has a friend living with him and it turns out that his friend is really interested in the church as well! So we got two new investigators there! We also have been asked to teach our ward mission leader's grandaughter. She wants to get baptized but her mom says no. She says that she will be baptized as soon as it is legal for her to be.

There have also been some miracles recently. We found out that this woman told a member of our ward she wants to be baptized. We also found out a youth brought a friend to new beginnings and she said that she wants to be part of the church as well. Then this last Sunday a guy came up to us after elders quorum and said he wasn't a member of the church and that he just married a member 4 months ago. He just moved into our ward and he said he is reading the Book of Mormon and that after he finishes it he wants to be baptized as well. We had a Stake General Priesthood meeting on Sunday and we got to go. When we got there we saw the guy, who just told us he wants to be baptized, there. I'm so excited for him and I hope that he keeps that flame. I will do everything I can to keep it going. I don't know what we did to deserve all these people to teach and it probably isn't even us but I'm thankful God feels like he can trust us with this people.

I would just like to say thank you to all of you, my family and friends. I love you all and each one of you played a part in my life to get me here today. I hope you all are doing something that you love because thats what life is about love.

Love,

Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment