Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 4, 2010

Hey everyone!

Sorry I wrote late last week. We've had so much snow and its affected a lot. As soon as the snow is compressed here it turns to ice which makes the road virtually impossible to drive on and to walk on. I haven't fallen yet but I'm bound to sometime soon.

We had dinner with a cool family again! I wrote about them earlier he has two boys and believes that the world should go back to old family values. This time his girlfriend came to dinner. Which was a surprise because she is into a different religion and we just didn't expect it at all. It was really cool. The boys are very excited whenever they see us and he and she both seem to like us. We had a lesson with them and showed them the Reflections of Christ video and taught about faith and prayer. It went really well and they want to hear more. The boys also asked if they could come to church; which didn't work out because the weather was very bad, but I think they'll come next week.

I got the package with the space bags, thank you very much. I will try to use them as much as I can. I've been feeling a little sick lately. I've had a sore throat and a cough. I've also been congested. Sister Teo gave me some medicine though that helped me a lot.

Cindy and Trey, our recent baptisms, haven't been confirmed yet. Her mom has been in the hospital pretty much on her death bed so she has been spending as much time as possible with her. She called us and told us she hadn't woken up since she was admitted and asked us to pray for her, because she believes good things happen whenever we pray. We did pray and she called us back a couple of days later and said that her mom had woken up and was talking to them. She says its such a blessing in her life to be able to talk to her before she passes. It was a great reminder of the power of prayer for me.

Elder Owens' first district meeting went very good. We spent all New Years Eve preparing for it. We planned for our Zone Leader, Elder Nielson, to wear an old white shirt, with the "Title of Liberty" (click here and read verse 12) written on it, over an new white shirt. Elder Owens was talking about how this transfer we are going to strive for excellence and then Elder Nielson ripped off the old shirt and gave Capt. Moroni's speech. It was great! All the sister freaked out cause they didn't know what was going on but it was cool. We did this self introduction thing and it was cool. We had some fun questions but on serious question that really got people to open up. It was really cool and I feel like I know people a lot better. Our new members are really cool. One elder is from Chile, another is from somewhere in Utah and he was in the Army, and one sister is from Murray Utah and she was Ms. Murray.

We had somebody offer us a new apartment and I hope it works out. The one we are in now is full of kids. So its always loud and hectic.

We have had a nice new year. Thank you for all your wonderful letters and packages. It really does help to get stuff from our ward. Our home ward is the BEST!!!

Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment