How is everybody doing? I'm doing pretty good. Its hard out here but I feel like I'm learning a lot. I'm glad my subject for my last talk was adversity because I refer back to it often.
So last Monday we had a district P-day. All the missionaries in our district met in Odessa. When this has happened before we all just played volleyball and basketball. So that was what I was expecting but when we got there our Zone Leader told us he wanted to make a movie. I thought that it didn't sound like much fun, specially more fun that a sport. I went along with it though. The movie was about how the mail doesn't get forwarded anymore. The post office was the bad guy. I was one of 4 superheros, weird huh? We all had these weird powers, mine was super strength that I used to open jars, I don't know where it came from. I however, got everyone to laugh so that's fine with me. It was really weird in the end though.
Right after district P-day we went on exchanges. I went with Elder Esplin, our new Zone Leader, to my area. This was my first time running it so I was a little nervous. It went ok but I wish it would've gone better. I better get use to running the area though because Elder Owens, my companion, is leaving in like 25 days. Back to Elder Esplin her is a really cool guy. He is in the National Guard and has been through basic training. 3 weeks after he gets back he is going to Iraq to be a body guard for non-combat troops. That would be hard for me to do. He also almost has his BA and he is only 19. He has been really busy before his mission.
We were suppose to go to the Visitor's Center with a recent convert family and some people of another faith but the plans fell through. I was really bummed because it would've been a great teaching moment. The weather has been crazy over the past week. It snowed another 8" inches or so. The temperature dropped, someone told me it got below zero plus wind chill. My nose hairs freeze as soon as I take a breath outside. Our mission president sent out a message warning us about the weather and to not do anything stupid. So, we spent a lot of time inside our house just cleaning and organizing stuff. Now our house is clean!
We also had Zone Conference this past Friday. It was GREAT! Better than the last one. I got to see some old MTC district members, Elder Shepherd and Elder Terrasas. It was really good to see them and hear about their experiences in the field so far. Our president and his wife spoke very bluntly to us. I liked it because there could be no misinterpretation. I also got up and bore my testimony at the end of it. I felt great and Sister Van Komen said she was proud of me because its scary up there lol. I only have 15 Zone Conferences left. That's weird to think about. I feel like the last one was only a week ago. Time is flying by.
Our old bishop's wife told us she has a referral coming our way. Its one of her daughter's friends. I'm excited to receive that.
Well that's it for the week. I love you all and hope things are going wonderfully for you. Remember to keep up a positive attitude. I learned at Zone Conference to not get so down on yourself. Just do your best and that's all you can do!
Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment