Hello everybody! How are you all doing? I hope you are doing
well because we have a great opportunity to be here on the earth. I love the
time we have to learn and to develop our faith.
So last monday was a whirlwind of action. We played some
soccer and that was cool. After all the sports we had dinner then an
appointment on the other side of town, then we had to drive across town again
to go to our FHE family. It was busy but our first appointment after dinner
cancelled because they had strep throat. Our FHE went really good! I love the
Davis family. I don't know if I told you last week but we went to the
Independence Visitor's Center with them a week ago Saturday. They loved it and
it helped them learn how to appreciate their family even more.
Tuesday was good. We got to see our recent convert and her
son. He has said he isn't interested but he sits in all of our lessons and
listens to us. He is done for we decided. He is going to get dunked! We got to
see his wife and she wants to be baptized she just works a lot so we are not
able to see her consistantly. We did service at the zoo and that was great,
specially since they took us out to eat afterwards to thank us for everything
we have done. I felt very happy because we tore apart 2 exhibits and built them
again. Not to mention all of the plants we have planted throughout the entire
zoo. We also got to see Cliff later that night and that was really good. He got
out of the hospital and is feeling better but a little upset because it didn't
work.
Wednesday we had district meeting. This district leader took
the time to make this practice session amazing. He called in a bunch of members
and had them play as investigators. He then split the missionaries into their
companionships and made it a competition to see who could commit the most to
baptism. Myself and the district leader were the observers to make sure
everything went smooth. Our companions were together and they won. I have a
great companion. We worked really hard that day and tried to talk to as many
people as possible. I wasn't that "great" of a day until we went to
our recent convert's house and their cousin was there. She has seen the change
in them and wants that for her and her family! God rocks! We then watched
the Joseph Smith DVD with Tracey, our 18 year old investigator. He loved it.
Thursday we had a ok day. That night we had a team up and he was amazing! We
got to teach 2 families and one of them said they would be baptized. We didn't
set a date yet but we are going to the next time we go by and see them. They
will take a little more time though.
Friday we had district meeting in Lawrence and it was alright.
We have got to figure out how to change people's attitudes. I have been
converted to the school of thought that if you have a good attitude you will
have good results. I believe it is one's mental attitude at the beginning of a
task not one's mental capacity that will greatly influence
the outcome in a task. Attitude is everything! We helped our RLDS
investigator clean her house. Oh we took another big step with her and we gave
her a blessing! She use to not let us pray but not we got to give her a
blessing. She is progressing slowly.
Saturday was great because we got to see General
Conference! I love hearing from the prophet and apostles. I feel very
uplifted and rebuked at the same time. In some talks I felt like
a turd after but others I felt good. I love the Lord's correction! We
got to have lots of investigators watch it. It has opened them up and
made them want to progress towards baptism. Remember our
recent convert's son that listened in our lessons. Well he asked
his wife if she would be willing to take the journey towards baptism with
him! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miracles
wrought by the Lord through His disciples! I love it!
Today we are going to Independence because we
have a meeting there tomorrow and we don't want to have to wake up early
or arrive late tonight. We are going to play b-ball! I am excited since we
can't get it here in Topeka. I love you all and want you all to
remember the Lord is in control. Follow the Spirit and you will be
able to find joy!
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment