So this is my last email to you all because sadly my 2 year
mission is coming to an end. I will say that I have loved being engaged in the
service of the Lord these last 2 years and plan to make it part of my life for
the rest of eternity. I cannot believe this is the end of my opportunity to
serve a mission. I will cherish this experience I have had always and forever.
I encourage each and every one of you that are considering serving a mission to
just do it! I can promise you if you do you will be able to find yourself. If
you serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength you will be able to see
your potential as sons and daughters of God and you will find GREAT joy in
helping others see that. I have said I love it over and over and its because it
is a one of a kind experience to develop your relationship with God.
So last Monday we went down to Lawrence so we could take
pictures of the KU basketball court and to play b-ball with those elders. We
went to and got a picture. We walked in through some side doors and took our
pictures then we went to the front and realized that it said "the court is
not open to the public today" I was glad we had already got our pictures
so we left. Then we went and played basketball at a free, open gym. It was
really fun! Tuesday was goodish. We had to go help some other elders out
because one of them was sick and they had appointments. I stayed at the house
with the sick elder and I got to read in the book of 3rd Nephi! It was awesome
I learned so much! Wednesday we have a tradition of having a fish fry at some
members house at the end of the transfer. It was really good and fun! Some
elders had made foam swords so we went outside and beat on each other a little
bit. I was team Lamanite and E. Bryner was team Nephite. We got to pick teams
and it was good. They won the first time and the second time was go until you
quit and our team won because we just hit them as hard as we could. Thursday
not much happened but we did copy everything down that I knew so E. Bryner
could use it when I left. We also taught a young girl and set a baptismal date
with her brother that came. That was really cool! We found out our 18 year old
investigator on the football team doesn't want to meet with us anymore so that
was sad. Friday we had district meeting and it was my last one so some of the
elders tried to make me "trunky" with that but it didn't work. It has
been really easy for me to stay focused because we just want people to get
baptized and develop testimonies. I love it! Saturday was just a crazy day. We
had an extra missionary with us because his companion had to go be trained on
how to train a new missionary. Sunday was good. They had me say the opening
prayer for sacrament meeting and then the bishop stood up, who I haven't talked
to too much, and announced it was my last Sunday. He started tearing up as he
expressed his gratitude for my service. He told the ward that if they wanted to
say anything to me that this may be their last time. I felt really good about
my mission at that point. I felt good about my service here in the Colly Creek
ward. I love them with all my heart! We then had dinner at the Jones' house.
They are super cool! We got one of their girls to rap... it was sick!
Well everyone that was my week. It was short... I wish this
week would have lasted longer. I love my Lord and Savior. I have come to know
Him more intimately these last 2 years and I am very appreciative of it.
Please do all you can to improve your relationship with Him. I love you all!
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
KU basketball court
The Lawters came and took us out to dinner on Friday night!
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
KU basketball court
The Lawters came and took us out to dinner on Friday night!
No comments:
Post a Comment