Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

So I am going to be able to see a lot of you soon and I am running out of time for emailing today. I am going to just tell you of an experience we have had this week and last week. Last week for a district meeting we decided to do a training on attitude because this particular district was full of bad attitudes. It wasn't a normal training though. We came into district meeting with really bad attitudes and wouldn't really talk to anyone. We gave one word answers. We also had a "argument" in front of them. It went really well. When we did our annoucements we just breezed through them and asked if anyone had any questions. When they said no we told them good and sat down. Then I made sure they didn't have any questions and said I had a question for them. I asked them "how do you all feel right now?" The answer was "like there is tension in the room" We then told them there was. Pointed out that it was created by just us two. We also let them know that we had a great week but out bad attitudes overrode that emotion in us and affected everybody else. It was sweet! We have been able to see a change in them since we did it. 

We also had what we called "A Crusade of Obedience" this week. we got word that some of the elders in the zone were listening to unapproved music. So we drove an hour to go talk to them. We left Topeka at like 9 PM so we were out late. He was pretty honest with us and then he told us he had given some more unapproved stuff to some other elders, one of which was in our zone. We crashed on some other elders couches. Then the next morning we had to go retreive the unapproved stuff the next morning. Our mission president told us to do this. So we called it our "Crusade of Obedience" It was tiring but fun at the same time. I was glad I was with Elder Bryner for that, he helped me keep my cool and not freak out at how dumb they were being.

I love you all!

Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment