Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

Hello everybody! How are you doing? I am doing really well.
 
So I didn't bring my planner that says what I did last week. I will try to remember as much as I can. On Monday we had lots of people at the stake center to play basketball. It was way fun! We had some young men there that play on the high school basketball team and they were good so it made things interesting. I am proud to report that I was able to block the tallest one! That was my goal the who time so I was happy when it happened. We then went to a BBQ at Rick's. He is the guy who we help at the zoo every Tuesday. It was really cool. He bought all the stuff so we were very thankful. We had hot dogs and roasted them over an open fire and we had chips and beans. For dessert we had smores. It was lots of fun!
 
Tuesday we had zone leader council in Independence. I got my temple recommend renewed by Pres. Keyes. Also we found out that a man in our zone can now be baptized. He was waiting on First Presidency permission. We were happy and his elders were VERY happy! While I was in president's office for the temple recommend interview he had his transfer board open. The transfer board shows were everyone is going for transfers. Transfer calls were suppose to go out that night so I took a peak. All I could see through the crack was our zone! It was nice. Speaking of transfers Elder Harmon and I are staying together for a fourth transfer! I am super excited! That will make it 6 months together. That never has happened that I know of so it is really cool.
 
Wednesday I cannot remember what happened. Thursday was transfer day. We went and picked up Elder Manoa because he was getting transferred. It was sad to see him go he is such a funny guy. I will miss him. We had Elder Powell with us until the bus came back up from Wichita. It was fun with 3 people. We were able to teach a couple of lessons. We went back to the church at 3 to teach one of our member's grandchildren and that went way good! The oldest one, the leader, told us that she has a hard time believe people about religious things but she likes us and believes us and the other one wants to be baptized for sure! We are so lucky to have people like this to teach. We had a dinner that night that had their nonmember nephew over that we had taught before so that was cool. We also had a sweet team up and went to teach a lady named Lisa and her family. It went so good and she is looking for truth but she doesn't know where to find it. She is ready to accept the gospel.
 
Friday was rough. We had 1 appointment besides dinner and that fell through. We tried a lot of people but they weren't home. We then taught our RLDS investigator and that was... good. She is really stubborn and now I understand when they say hard heartedness and stiff necked. She refuses to believe anything we teach even when we teach it out of the Bible. We had dinner with the Davis family and it was BOMB! She made homemade fried chicken. We also had a wonderful lesson with them about the temple. Their goal is to be sealed in a year! After that we went to one of our part-member family's daughter's birthday party. It was cool that she invited us and she was happy when we came. I love that family.
 
Saturday we had a.... crazy appointment. So we met this guy Homer earlier on in the week and taught him and his friend Gary; we taught them in Gary's house. We had a return appointment with them and when we got there Homer was heading out to the mailbox. He told us Gary wasn't home so we could come to his house. We went in and the first thing we see on the wall is a picture of this girl. She was covered up but it defiantly wasn't kosher. He then spent 10 mins showing us pictures of his family so that was cool. He was acting really weird and fidgety the whole time. We sat down and we were going to try to teach him to pray. So we asked him if he had ever written a letter before and he springs up and says yes do you want to read them. We told him no but he put his composition book into our hands and said read them. So E. Harmon was reading them and then he brought me his will to read so I skimmed that. Afterwards he took the composition book back and then said he was going to read one to us. He read it and it started out "Dear so and so, My name is Homer and I am a substance abuser and addict....." We asked him if that was true and he said yes then we asked what and he said marajuana and crack. We then said alright can we help? He then said wanna see my food? So he proceeded to show us all his food in the house. We sat down and then said we wanted to teach him something so he tried to find his book. He moved some stuff on the table and one was a DVD it was a not so wholesome DVD and E. Harmon saw it so he said alright can we say a prayer because we are leaving so we left. He was trippin on something that whole time and I don't think it was marajuana. We are not ever going back to that house. We also don't know if he was fully accountable so we will just wait on him. It was a fun experience though. We then were able to teach 2 new investigators that had lived with members. We also were able to teach our recent converts.
 
Sunday was good. We had a good fast and testimony meeting. We had our recent converts tell us their sister is struggling so we will be going over there and checking on her. We then were able to go to lunch. It was bomb and it was fun. The Lawtons are sweet! We taught our baptist minister investigator and that was fun. We then were able to see an investigator that we haven't seen in a long time. We helped her resolve some problems. She has been wronged by "church people" in the past. They judged her and condemmed her. We explained that Christ, who is the one who will judge us, didn't condem others while he was here on earth ie the woman taken in adultry. We also got to see another recent convert and she and her family are doing well.
 
So as you can see a fun and spiritual week. I love it! ONe thing I have learned is to appreciate the Holy Ghost. It makes missionary work possible. I love you all!

Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor

 E. Harmon and I on a hot day in a team up's car. The thermometer said 119 for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment