So
this week was really busy. We went on 3 exchanges and elder Harmon
wasn't in our area for 2.5 days. It was strange. We had a really
successful week and we were happy. We taught a lot of lessons we just
felt disappointed because we only found 2 new investigators.
Monday
was fun. We played lots and lots of basketball. For the last play of
the last game elder Kamalu and I trapped elder Harmon in the corner.
Elder harmon always tries to throw the ball at your legs when he is in
that situation and we remembered that. When he tried to throw it at my
legs I moved my leg at the right time and so it just stopped it. I got
the ball and made a rather acrobatic shot. 360 lay up around someone. I
was happy I hit it or I would've looked like a retard. We then had
dinner with the Jones family. It was really good! Their daughter who
is going BYU-I is home for the summer so she cooked dinner and dessert.
She did a very good job!
Tuesday
we did service at the zoo and we carried lots of dirt in wheel barrows
and in buckets into the gorilla cages. It was very very stinky and we
had to wear those doctors masks. We had fun though. Afterwards we got to
go to one of the elders' member's houses and eat a ton of food cause
they wanted to get rid of it and who better to do it than a bunch of
poor hungry missionaries, right? We went on exchanges and I was with E.
Combs, from Henderson, NV, so it was cool. We saw a sweet miracle. This
guy was sitting outside and he is engaged to a LDS lady who is just
getting active again. She has told him she was going to send us but she
hadn't told us. So for us to run into him I thought it was a miracle.
Wednesday
we had a funeral to go to of a 2 year old that passed away. It was sad
but a very good funeral. We then had district meeting and that was fun.
We didn't have much time before our next appointment so we ate Mickey
D's.... not my favorite but its all good. We were able to see a couple
of people and then we had to go home and have a conference call with the
mission leaders. It is always good to hear how other zones are doing.
The Topeka zone is doing very good! We are so happy so see them
progressing and being consistant.
Thursday
we went on exchanges with Wakarusa Valley. I finally went on exchanges
with E. Chidester. I served around him in Kearney and never went on
exchanges with him in 4.5 months. This was our first time and he is
going home very soon. We saw this car in somebody's driveway and the
engine had caught on fire and exploded! It was crazy looking. We were
then able to see a miracle. We went to this lady's house, Patricia, and
she wasn't there but she pulled up as we were knocking. She invited us
in and we were very surprised. We talked for a little bit and then all I
could think about was Alma 32 so we shared with her the seed/faith
anology and it went over with her very well. She told us she had been
praying for God's help to "get right" again. She said she had been a
church going girl her whole life she just fell out of the habit and she
needs help getting back into it. She was very excited to have us over.
MIRACLE!!!!
Friday
we had a good day. We had to go to district meeting down in Lawrence.
It was fun but got started late. I then went on exchanges with E. Lyon.
They went well. We got to eat with a cool new family and to see a
investigator that we haven't seen in a long time. We exchanged back on
Saturday. We taught lots of lessons that day. We also committed 2 girls
to be baptized.
Sunday
was good. We had 2 of our 3 with a baptismal date at church and 3 other
investigators there. The ward is really supportive of us. We also
conferred our recent convert with the preisthood. It was really cool. We
had a stake preisthood meeting to go to and that was fun. I got to see a
member I knew down in Derby there. He moved to Lawrence because he is
going to school I was happy to see him.
Well all in all a great week! I love it out here and I really don't want to come home.... sorry mom.
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment