Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hello everyone! Another wonderful week in Topeka, Kansas!
 
We will start with Tuesday. We did service at the zoo. I guess we go every Tuesday from 9 to 12. It was pretty fun! We cleaned up the giraffe cages and we were right by the elephants. I got to pet the elephants so that was cool. We got to see a couple of investigators. The miracle was our appointment with the part-member family. We challenged the 10 year old for baptism and she accepted but they are going to be telling us a date tomorrow.
 
Wednesday was cool we had a good district meeting. We had a very tired day. We did weekly planning because we were exhausted and we had stuff going on when we usually do it. We got to see another part-member family named the Dawsons. It went very good. Sis. Dawson, nonmenber, cooks us dinner every Wednesday. She is really cool and is the one who said she wants to be baptized but is afraid of water.
 
Thursday we got to help someone level their yard. It was really fun. We also got to visit someone in the hospital. He is a long time member and had a son go on a mission. He was very happy we came. We then had a good dinner but the day went very downhill from there. We just got bad news upon bad news. It is all good though because we are very blessed.
 
Friday was a good day we had district meeting down in Lawrence and it went very well. We then went on exchanges with the Wakarusa Valley elders. I went with elder Taufa. He served in Blue Mills not too long ago so I got to get some info on my greenie ward. He is a very good missionary and I love him. 
 
Saturday we switched back. We had a good day. We got to contact a less active member and now we are going to be teaching his friend and sister. All that from one visit! When we follow the spirit we are blessed! We then had a great lesson after dinner! We committed two more people for baptism and they accepted. They are being so prepared so it was easy. We then went to visit some recent converts and that was good. We then went and helped this less active guy move. He was in a band and took us to his basement where he had a stage and everything. It was a horrible feeling down there. I hated it and just wanted to leave. I wondered how anyone could live with a place like that in their house. I am glad our home was a refuge from the world.
 
Sunday was good I gave a talk and it went well. We then had a meeting with bishop and that was good because he had some good insights. We then had lunch with a family and it went well. We are going to stay at their house easter weekend because the Elliots are having family over. We then went to visit a member referral. It was this lady's nephews. They are twins and seniors. They were really cool and just invited us in and listened to us. They asked when we finished if there was more so we are going to be teaching them Friday night.
 
So ask you can see we are being so blessed. I believe I have had hard times in my mission to make me really appreciate the good. I love  you all and be grateful!

Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment