So I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed this weekend! I really did! Anytime you can hear from one prophet of God you should get excited but when you get to hear from the prophet and his called apostles it is even more amazing! I love conference!
So last Monday was a long day of basketball. It was great! We all got to play so that was fun. We also played ultimate frisbee afterwards and that was a bad idea because I was exhausted after that. None of us had a dinner so we decieded to go out to eat. We all paid for Elder Adair's food because he was going home. It was really good. We went to Arthur Bryant's BBQ.
Tuesday was a crazy day. We were in our studies when we got a call from president. He wanted to talk to me. He asked me to be one of his Zone Leaders. I was shocked and felt honored that the Lord had chosen me as a zone leader. I was pretty nervous when he told me. I got transferred to the Colly Creek ward in Topeka, Kansas. I live with the Stake President. Elder Anderson, who came out with me, replaced me in Kaw River. I was given permission to go back to Kaw River for the baptisms on April 23rd. I was really happy about that.
Wednesday we had an appointment in the morning with Rensi and Zenas. Rensi is the one without any background in religion. It was a really good lesson on the Plan of Salvation. I felt the Spirit very strongly and she understood very well, but who wouldn't when the Spirit is the one really teaching. I loved teaching about the Plan because I gained a stronger testimony of the plan. I love that we have a plan laid out for us. In every aspect of the plan is God's love. I cannot fathom how much he loves us.
Thursday was transfer day. It was crazy but I got to see a lot of old missionary friends. Elder Lesuma was riding the bus so I sat next to him, Edler Stapley and Sister Glade. It was really fun and we all talked the whole way up. When we got to Topeka I met Elder Harmon. He is really cool! We had to hang around all day because we were waiting for the bus to come back from Wichita with some of our zone members. We then had a team up that night so we didn't get home until 9 30ish because we live 7 miles out of town.
Friday was good. We went and taught a less-active member we had met in Walmart the day before. It went really well and he wants to come back to church. We had lunch and then saw some people. We were focusing on getting people to come to General Conference. We invited everyone we knew. It went really well. We went to dinner with a recently reactivated member, Cliff. He goes bowling every friday night but he bought us dinner at the bowling alley and we were there with him for a little while. It was really fun and we got all sorts of crazy looks because of our suits.
Saturday was amazing! I loved conference so much. Inbetween sessions we had a baptism and it went very smoothly. We had to run to get food right before it though. That next session was good. We then had dinner with a family whose son married a non-member. We are teaching her now and the son said that he wants her to listen to us so she will be baptized. When the subject of baptism is brought up by family it makes it easier to talk about it. Our lesson went very well. We then went to the priesthood session and that was AMAZING as always. I feel I can do more to fulfill the priesthood calling.
Sunday was great! We had a potato bar inbetween sessions. It was cool because I was able to meet a lot of the ward members there. We then went home and collected numbers which took forever because we are both fairly new to being zone leaders and we don't know how to set up spread sheets. We then created a zone calander and that was good. We then had a huge storm and had to park our car under a tree so we just stayed inside with the Elliots. We got to hear William's speech that he prepared for school so that was cool.
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
E. Taylor & E. Harmon
The Molinar’s baptism
Us on the last Sunday of the transfer
Service project at the Molinars (recent converts)
This is our old car after that accident back in Jan.
Taco Tuesday!
Dinner at the Gaona’s!
Iris’ birthday!














No comments:
Post a Comment