Monday, October 11, 2010

September 27, 2010

Greetings from Kansas (the flattest state in the union)!

So this last week was pretty good. Last Monday we had a great lesson with this 16 year old girl, Jessica, and her Grandmother, Mary. It was so cool to see how much the Spirit does really help in letting you know that it is ok to open up to this person. We heard that Jessica was usually shy and didn't like to talk too much but while we were there I would've never guessed. My companion and I both made a fool of ourselves at the time but that is ok because it helped lighten up the mood. I could really feel the Spirit there and I felt a great concern for those two people. I just want them to be able to see the joy that comes from membership in Christ's church. I think that our appointment today will go very well and that we will see some progress.

Tuesday we had interviews with our president. It felt like we haven't talked to him in a long time, probably because we haven't. It has been weird because we have Zone Conference and then Interviews every other transfer. So it has been close to 3 months since our last interviews. I really was excited to talk with Pres. and Sis Van Komen but they were in a hurry because they had to do Wichita Zone's interviews that day too. It is a good 3 to 4 hour drive to get out here so President tries to do all the interviews for this area in one or 2 days and there is 3 Zones so it would take a long time.

Wednesday was the down day of our week. We had everything fall through and I mean everything. We had 3 appointments set up for the evening. They all cancelled 30 mins before our ride got there. Our dinner also cancelled and we had walked around all day long so we weren't feeling as clean as we could either. It was a challenge but then at the end of the day we were able to see a family that is struggling so that was really good. Who knows -- maybe that family needed to know that somebody was thinking of them. The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways.

Thursday was pretty cool because I got to really get to know these really cool recent converts. They were all baptized after the 19 year old girl, Kayla, got baptized and now they rock! They were both preparing for a talk so that was really cool. Unfortunately the mother, Frannie, wasn't able to give it on account of one of her daughters being sick. Kayla gave her talk and it was AWESOME!!! Good job Elder Fullmer! So meeting them was great! Also on Thursday we got to meet with a part member family. The husband has been inactive his entire life and the wife has investigated for a long time. She has a few hangups that were able to come out this last meeting. We also had the best team up ever! That member's name is Bro. Rodriguez and he is a pilot in the Air Force which works out perfectly because both of them are in the Air Force too. I just felt really good when we left that lesson and know that the Lord was with us while we were there.

Friday was pretty cool. I don't remember much of anything exciting happening. Lots of the days just melt together out here. Saturday was cool though because we got to go to the airshow. We were supposed to meet our recent converts there, Busheys, but they had something come up and called to tell us that they couldn't go as we were already parking there. So we decided to go with the members that brought us there. It was way cool and jets are very amazing. We had to leave early which was a bummer because that meant we were going to miss the Thunderbirds, the highlight of the whole show. As we were in the parking lot we found out that a storm was headed our way and the Thunderbirds weren't flying that day because of it. So we got lucky and got to our car before everyone else. Which it still took us over an hour to get out of the parking lot so that wasn't cool.

All in all a good week. I love it and love the work! Everybody keep the faith!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment