Hey everyone! How is it going? I am doing great, which seems to be a recurring theme throughout my entire mission. I am really being blessed with an increased positive outlook on things. Well how about General Conference!!!!!!! It was way good wasn't it! I couldn't believe the things I was able to learn.
So this last week was pretty good! It was our week with the car so that is always nice. Except the first part of this week we couldn't drive the car because we had no miles so there it sat so lonely in our driveway. But with the new month we now have a new set of miles so it should be good for a while. We went on exchanges with the elders out in Haysville and it was pretty cool. I went with Elder Ashcraft and he is from the LA area. I am not sure exactly where but I know it is LA proper. That was pretty cool because I have felt like I don't really know those elders and know I feel more unified with them. I now know why they do exchanges! We are supposed to be one unified force and how can we be unified if we don't know the other elders? It is kinda like how we can't trust the Lord until we know him, right? Well need-less-to say it was really cool and I now will gain a lot more from exchanges.
We didn't have much going on until Thursday night. We had 2 SWEET appointments set up! One of them was a church tour with Mary and Jessica. While we were setting up for that we got a call from our next appointment. It was the member husband calling and he said "It is nothing against you or the church but me and my wife have been talking and thinking a lot and we feel that Mormon isn't right for us. We just feel it wouldn't be fair with me being Mormon and her being Baptist. We are going to a non-denominational church." I was crushed! We felt like our last lesson went so well and I couldn't understand what had happened. I do understand where that thinking came from but at the same time if one's eternal life is at stake you would think that "being fair" wouldn't play such a large factor in their decision. Don't worry Mom I didn't say anything to them that was sarcastic or out of impulse, I wanted to but I held back... you would be proud. . . ha ha. I am glad though that they still want to attend any church for the time being. Well I hope that the missionaries in the future look them up because they were golden. The church tour went GREAT though! We had our bishop there with us and he is the best! It worked just as the church tours are designed to work out. We had a great spiritual feast and then we got to the baptismal font, where we sat and talked about baptism. I got a really quiet thought in my head to invite them for baptism. And from past experience I am not ever going to ignore a prompting from the Holy Ghost again. So I invited them both to be baptized. Mary, the Grandmother, said "I have already been baptized." I didn't address that issue right there because Jessica had not yet answered. She said "I am scared". I was relieved to hear that answer opposed to no. She went on to tell her grandma that she had already told her she wants to be baptized. So it is SWEET!!!!!!! We are now going to teach them over at our bishop's house because Jessica and bishop's daughter know each other. I am so excited for them and I love being able to bring youth into the church because I know that if a certain youth hadn't been baptized, I probably wouldn't be on my mission, (cough cough Raul). Thanks Raul for having such an impact on me!
Well this weekend with conference was GREAT! We got a call Saturday morning from an inactive member and he needed our help with some cleaning. We told him we could help him but General Conference was going to be playing and we want to watch it. He said we could watch it there! He had such a great spiritual experience and he found that the spirit touched him and moved him to improve. He was so happy throughout the entire thing and was sad when it was over. He thanked us so much for getting him to watch it and he told us that it was the first time in over 20 years that he had watched it! I was so happy to see him wanting to make changes!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment