Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

The Samoan people have some weird foods. And when you clear your plate they really do force more onto it. I usually feel sick after dinner. Look up some of their food on the internet. Chop Sue is weird and so are plantains. Not my favorite but I can choke it down without any expressions on my face now!

We have a baptismal date on Dec. 23rd for Cindy and Trey. The great thing is they chose it themselves! We had to clear some word of wisdom things up but that was pretty easy. My life experiences have helped me so much already. I feel like I connect much better with the people. I guess I needed to go through that to be who I am today. I am just grateful that my family stood behind me and helped me through it. That goes to show you that Heavenly Father really does know what he is doing!

I have been rejected though and not only by people of other faiths but by people who are members. It's ok though everyone has their agency. Grandpa and Grandma gave me a great scripture in Alma 54:19. It'll help me out throughout my mission.

I can't wait for this baptism and to find more people to teach. I love teaching and interacting with these people. I hope I can help them see their potential and see God's love for them.

The devil is real! He has such an influence in this world that people will reject the truth. He will, at on point, try to get all of us to fall away. DO NOT GIVE IN! I am willing to do whatever I can to help anyone that feels his presence. Just let me know. I also know people who can help if I can't. If you need it you can find help and you always can pray to Heavenly Father for it.

My companion goes home in Jan. I will miss him he is really cool. I hope my companion after him is cool and we get along. Pray that I will be able to get along with anyone please!

I love you all and appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for me!

Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment