Last weeks P-day was fun! A whole bunch of missionaries got together at the stake center. We played basketball, volleyball, and ultimate frisbee. One of the AP's is really good at basketball. His name is Elder Ale, he is from Hawaii. He played for BYU-Hawaii. He makes EVERYTHING!!! and can jump.
My district is really cool. We have district meeting every friday. At the last district meeting we had this getting to know you activity. We were assigned one person to get to know and then we had to introduce them to the district. I got Sister Smith. She is from West Point, Utah. She came out on a mission to convert her sisters who live in Kansas. She loves her mission so far and has been out like 6 months. It was weird when I introduced her cause when I would say stuff she said I made it up but that was what she told me.... oh well.
We have to prepare 5 min talks for Zone Conference. I think it happens every 6 weeks. We can't have any paper up there with us or our scriptures. Everything has to be memorized... its kinda hard.
Here in this area it's different than most, we mostly work with inactive families. I met some families that are really cool. Sorry I can't spell their names I can't say them either cause they are Samoan. One that we went to yesterday was the Nussila's house. They are really nice and brother Nussila is in the bishopric here. They had 2 daughters, a niece, and one of their daughter's roommates. The roommate wasn't a member so they wanted us to teach a lesson. We decided to keep it simple and do a lesson on faith, prayer and God's love for us. We felt the spirit and both of us had a experience for each. It was great!!! At the end the roommate started shaking. We heard she had asthma attacks so thats what we thought it was. We gave her a blessing for that, she was shaking the whole time. After the blessing we found out that it wasn't a asthma attack but that she saw something. She felt something that was trying to stop her from hearing our message. I knew Satan was real but never have I had an experience like that.
As I was in church on Sunday, I was praying that I would be able to develop true charity for these people. As I welcomed them and conversed with them in the halls I felt God's love for them. I felt that they are his children and that he was proud of their decisions to be active in the church. I felt my love for them grow and for that I am grateful.
Love you all! Thanks for caring and keep up the good work!
Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor
My district is really cool. We have district meeting every friday. At the last district meeting we had this getting to know you activity. We were assigned one person to get to know and then we had to introduce them to the district. I got Sister Smith. She is from West Point, Utah. She came out on a mission to convert her sisters who live in Kansas. She loves her mission so far and has been out like 6 months. It was weird when I introduced her cause when I would say stuff she said I made it up but that was what she told me.... oh well.
We have to prepare 5 min talks for Zone Conference. I think it happens every 6 weeks. We can't have any paper up there with us or our scriptures. Everything has to be memorized... its kinda hard.
Here in this area it's different than most, we mostly work with inactive families. I met some families that are really cool. Sorry I can't spell their names I can't say them either cause they are Samoan. One that we went to yesterday was the Nussila's house. They are really nice and brother Nussila is in the bishopric here. They had 2 daughters, a niece, and one of their daughter's roommates. The roommate wasn't a member so they wanted us to teach a lesson. We decided to keep it simple and do a lesson on faith, prayer and God's love for us. We felt the spirit and both of us had a experience for each. It was great!!! At the end the roommate started shaking. We heard she had asthma attacks so thats what we thought it was. We gave her a blessing for that, she was shaking the whole time. After the blessing we found out that it wasn't a asthma attack but that she saw something. She felt something that was trying to stop her from hearing our message. I knew Satan was real but never have I had an experience like that.
As I was in church on Sunday, I was praying that I would be able to develop true charity for these people. As I welcomed them and conversed with them in the halls I felt God's love for them. I felt that they are his children and that he was proud of their decisions to be active in the church. I felt my love for them grow and for that I am grateful.
Love you all! Thanks for caring and keep up the good work!
Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor
Zach...be strong in the Lord, greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.
ReplyDeleteMy constant prayers are with you.
Kathy