Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good week! I had a great week!
 
Last Tuesday we took it easy because of my ankle. I feel bad but I couldn't be very effective without one of my ankles. Wednesday we had Zone Leader Council down in Independence. It was really fun and very uplifting. I was surprised at how many people helped me there. I was very touched by their kindness. Sister Van Komen treated me like her son so that was heart warming. We then came home and had a good lesson with the Snook family. She wants to be baptized they just need to come to church. I hope the parents see what their choices are doing to their children. They are not teaching them the things of the Lord and their children don't have a basic knowledge of things. It is really sad to see and makes me even more determined to raise my children close to the Lord.
 
Thursday was alright. We had district meeting and it was good. The real miracle is that we went to a buffet afterwards for lunch and I was able to walk on my own, without crutches. I have been trying to do everything I could to help my ankle so I think I am getting blessed. I couldn't do that all day however. I had to use the crutches the rest of the day. We had all of our appointments fall through besides dinner so that was a little disappointing.
 
Friday we had a district meeting with the missionaries in Lawrence. It was good I didn't have to use the crutches ALL DAY LONG!!!!! I was super excited! We went to lunch but it was a very expensive place so we waited and just talked with everyone. There was this girl who was at lunch with us and she found out that I had never been to this one ice cream place and she offered to buy an ice cream for me! It was really nice of her and it was good ice cream. I then went on exchanges up to Sabetha, KS. It is a TINY town and it was fun. We taught this guy who is "Jewish" but he believes in Jesus Christ. I didn't think Jews believed Jesus Christ was the son of God. It was a good lesson. I went with Elder Stevens. When we got home he showed me this container of cookies that they had gotten and when I tried to pick it up I noticed it was melted to the stove top..... not good. We had to turn the stove on again and wait until it was hot enough to come off. Needless to say the container was ruined. It was kind of funny to see it though.
 
Saturday we exchanged back. It was timely and I was able to go out the whole day. It was really fun. We didn't have any luck until dinner time. We had dinner with some members and one of our investigators. It was really good. She wants to be baptized and so does her son. She just is waiting to get another job because she can't come to church with her current job. Their names are Melissa and Donavon, if you want/will pray for them by name. They are really a great family though.
 
Sunday was ok. We found out one of our 10 year old investigators can't be baptized because she hasn't come to church in a long time. We had to break it to the family. We talked to just the father and he seemed to understand. We also had a good lesson with on of our recent converts. She was having a problem with tithing but we resolved that. I am very grateful we get to pay tithing. It is such a blessing to be able to further the Lord's kingdom with every pay check we get! We had a dinner that night and it was GOOD. The best part was that he gave us a referral! He lost trust in missionaries a long time ago and now we are gaining it back! We then had a good lesson with some more of our recent converts. We went around the room and said one postive thing about each person because they were fighting over stupid things.
 
Well that was my week! I love you all and want you all to know that I am here for you at all times!

Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor



 My ankle the day after I twisted it



 My ankle on Friday



 My ankle today (Monday)


E. Stevens and melted cookie container
 
Melted cookie container
 
Turtle and I
 
E. Harmon, Turtle, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment