Hello everybody! So this week has been really good!
Monday was great because I got to play basketball. Don't worry mom I was careful. I taped up my ankle a lot and didn't push myself very much. It was fun though. Afterwards we had a dinner with the Jones family, they fed us on Easter, and it was really fun. They fed us steak again. We have had so much steak recently. They were trying to guess our first names and their dad got both of ours! It was pretty cool.
Tuesday was a good day. We went to the zoo and did service there. Another elder and I were stuck tilling up dirt with hoes. It was so hot out side, muggy and sunny just the way we like it.... not. I was super hot we both took a lot of breaks. We did that and then we went to lunch. We then went to go try to visit an investigator but he wasn't home. That is ok though because his nephew was there. We talked with him and we shared the message of the Restoration with him. It went way good. He said he feels like we were put into his life for a reason. We then had a good dinner with the Hirschi family, the family that let us call home at their house on Mother's Day. They invited some of our investigators with a date to their house for dinner this coming week! It was really sweet! We then went and taught the family they invited over. They are so ready to be baptized! They were also very appreciative of the invite and plan to go.
Wednesday we tried to visit a couple of people that morning but with no luck. We then went to visit a part-member family that just moved into our ward. They moved from the Derby area so I know lots of places they are talking about. They are really cool and they love golf so we may go golfing with them, even though I am horrible. We then had dinner with our recent convert, Sis. Dawson. She is so amazing! I love her! We then were able to see another recent convert and that was really good because she is struggling with coming to church. She has all sorts of excuses but they aren't sincere they are just excuses. I wish people could see how much it hurts them to continually make excuses.
Thursday was really good. We had interviews that day so we had to go to the church early to set up. Everything we good. Pres and Sis Van Komen said this was their very last one. They have done 5,000 interviews on the mission and we are lucky enough to be the last ones. Our stake Pres. provided lunch for us so that was really cool. We then went on exchanges and I went with Elder Nam. He is from South Korea and he was called to speak spanish. He is a really good teacher! We went to see some of his recent converts that are in our ward so that was good. We got to teach a new investigator that was at one of their house's too!
Friday was a good day. We got to see our recent converts. They are doing well. We also got to teach this guy who works at McDonalds. We saw him there and then on the street and we talked to him. He invited us over and we taught him a good lesson. It was good because he was willing to listen and wants to make a change. We then had dinner but it was a drop off. Our next appointment dogged us.... :(
Saturday was good. We saw our RLDS investigator. We tried to read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with her but she is just really mixed up. She doesn't really know what she believes and then makes up her own doctrine. We tried to use the scriptures to support what we were teaching her but she says that we aren't understanding them correctly. Which blows my mind because we have had a prophet of the Lord come out and tell us what some of these scriptures mean. We then had a good dinner with a part-member family. Their grandaughter, who has taken lessons before, came over at the end and we are going to be teaching her now too!
Sunday was a really good day. We had to give talks in sacrament... scary. I went first and talked on sevice. I talked about when my companion and I helped that Methodist minister in Kearney fix up her house. Elder Harmon got up after and said "My companion practices what he preaches" He then told everyone in the ward about how I make his bed for him in the mornings and pull his sheets back at night. I do it because we were told by our mission president to serve our companions and those were some of the ways they suggested. They are small but that is ok. Well needless to say I got tons of crap all day! We saw the Jones family that night and they said that we would make a good gay couple! Not right! They don't understand that service is the key.... whatever.
I love you all so much!!!!!!
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
Your Friend,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment