Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

Hello everyone! This week has been amazing! We have been able to see the Lord blessing us for all of the work we have put in. I am grateful to be out here on my mission so I could put in that work. I have grown so much in putting in that work. I feel like a whole different person. Don't be afraid of a challenge – we are given these challenges to make us stronger. Each challenge we have is meant to teach us something, no matter how dismal it may seem. I promise you that you can grow from all of your adversities and that is what the Lord has intended for us to do.

Last Monday it was pretty fun. We were in Lawrence and we tried to play soccer but.... it was really hot and humid so we went to the church. I felt like I was going to pass out so I took it easy at the church. We then had a lesson with Tammy, who got baptized on Saturday. It was good. We have been sharing John chapter 21 with as many people as possible. It is a great story and tells us of how we need to cast away our nets. Just as Christ asked his apostles to stop fishing even though that was all that they knew.

Tuesday we had a really busy day. We taught 5 lessons and gave a baptismal interview. The woman I interviewed had some prior experiences that weighed on her mind so she felt she wasn't ready to be baptized. I tried to tell her I felt she was but we don't force anyone. We found a new investigator and had a good discussion with him until his family came home. His sister in law was a little argumentative but that is ok. We just bore our testimonies. We got transfer calls that night and we are both staying! I was so happy because we have lots of good stuff going on.

Wednesday was a little long. We had many of our appointments fall through. One of which made it so we will have to put off another baptism but that is ok. He will be baptized. We had dinner with Sis. Dawson, Part member family (PMF), and she had agreed to come on a church tour! We also had a great lesson with the Snooks, another PMF.

Thursday was a very busy day. We had transfers that day. When the bus came we usually get our supply orders. They didn't bring many supplies and we were a little frustrated but we found out why today. I guess because of money problems now we will have to pay for the DVDs we pass out..... it stinks but we will see how it goes. Transfers went well and we got a lot of work done because we didn't have to be there all day. We got interviews done for all 4 of the people we had set to be baptized on Saturday. It was very relieving.

Friday was a good day. We got to weekly plan and I made brownies for this lady in our ward who works at a dry cleaner and is doing our stuff for free! They came out pretty good. We then went to an appointment but it fell through so we went to a less active member's house that was close. I love how the Lord works! We were supposed to go there and give her a blessing. We also got to meet her grandson and now he wants to take the lessons. All of that came from an appointment that fell through.

Saturday was a great day! We got to hear from an apostle, Elder Russell M. Nelson. He was accompanied by Elder Whitney Clayton, Presidency of the Seventy, and Elder Curtis, a Seventy. It was really cool to hear from them. They just thanked us as a mission and told us about our calling. I have a greater respect for the missionary calling now. They told us many things that I cannot tell you because I would not do it justice but I assure you it was amazing! We then had to head back to the church right after to prepare for the baptisms we were having. It was a great service! I felt the spirit very strongly and could see the relief they had from their sins being washed away. I love baptisms because of the Spirit that is there. We then had dinner with a family and their nonmember daughter in law and grandson. It was great! We committed them for the 28th of this month to be baptized!

Sunday was good. We had all four confirmations. It was scary to give another one. I have done 3 on my mission and I still get nervous. I also feel the comfort from the Lord as I say what he wants me to say though. After church we had to gather numbers and that took FOREVER this week for some reason. I didn't like it. We had a good dinner that night and then got to see our recent converts. We just talked with them and shared some scriptures about our bodies being temples.

I love being out here on the mission. I love my trials and what I learn from them!

Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

 Us Martha, Desarae, Sophia, Hunter, and Martha

 Tammy and her kids

 All whites!!!!


 Topeka District

 Hiawatha District
 E. Decker and I at transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment