Hello everybody! Another exciting week in the mission field.
I really don't have a ton of time this week on the computer because it has been snowing all morning so we had to drive a ways to get a library that is open and it only gives us a limited amount of time. I will do my best to recount the last week though.
We got our transfer calls on Tuesday night and I found out that I was being transferred to Kaw River Ward, Lenexa Stake. It is in Kansas City, Kansas. I had heard that it was really ghetto and it is. I have been waiting my entire mission to go work in the ghetto and now I actually am in inner-city K.C.K.!
I was really sad to leave my last area because I made some great friends there. I know all good things come to an end but I just wish we could choose when that end was. I will miss the people of the Park Hill ward but I am excited to get to know the people of the Kaw River Ward. In being transferred I have been released from being a district leader. I am now just a normal missionary again! I am very excited and will take advantage of it.
So I had to ride the transfer bus from Wichita to Independence. When I got to Independence I found my old recent converts the Gaulds/ Alvarez family there! I was so happy to have been able to meet them. They had been talking to my new companion for a while. They said he is very nice and he is. His name is Elder Davis. He is from St. George, UT and he is 25 years old. It is a little weird being with someone who is that much older than you in age but in the time on our missions I have been out twice as long as he has. We live with a family in the ward named the Stevens. They are actually from Washington St. and grew up around where mom did. They are in their mid 30s and have 4 boys. They are really cool.
Thursday night we had dinner with them because we didn't have anywhere else to go and it was good. We have been trying to get in to see our investigators but none have answered their doors. This area is going to be a challenge because of how impoverished everyone is.
Sunday we woke up to snow! I really don't like snow but that is what was there so I guess I will have to make the best of it. It is weird because in this ward there is 3 sets of missionaries. 1 English companionship, 1 Spanish companionship, and a set of sisters. So there are 6 missionaries at church. We also have dinners together sometimes. It is weird. Oh and the sisters stole on of our investigators but that is ok because he still came to church. We are on the same team right?
So now it is Monday and it is suppose to snow all day long :( Well I hope you all enjoy the weather wherever you are at!
I really don't have a ton of time this week on the computer because it has been snowing all morning so we had to drive a ways to get a library that is open and it only gives us a limited amount of time. I will do my best to recount the last week though.
We got our transfer calls on Tuesday night and I found out that I was being transferred to Kaw River Ward, Lenexa Stake. It is in Kansas City, Kansas. I had heard that it was really ghetto and it is. I have been waiting my entire mission to go work in the ghetto and now I actually am in inner-city K.C.K.!
I was really sad to leave my last area because I made some great friends there. I know all good things come to an end but I just wish we could choose when that end was. I will miss the people of the Park Hill ward but I am excited to get to know the people of the Kaw River Ward. In being transferred I have been released from being a district leader. I am now just a normal missionary again! I am very excited and will take advantage of it.
So I had to ride the transfer bus from Wichita to Independence. When I got to Independence I found my old recent converts the Gaulds/ Alvarez family there! I was so happy to have been able to meet them. They had been talking to my new companion for a while. They said he is very nice and he is. His name is Elder Davis. He is from St. George, UT and he is 25 years old. It is a little weird being with someone who is that much older than you in age but in the time on our missions I have been out twice as long as he has. We live with a family in the ward named the Stevens. They are actually from Washington St. and grew up around where mom did. They are in their mid 30s and have 4 boys. They are really cool.
Thursday night we had dinner with them because we didn't have anywhere else to go and it was good. We have been trying to get in to see our investigators but none have answered their doors. This area is going to be a challenge because of how impoverished everyone is.
Sunday we woke up to snow! I really don't like snow but that is what was there so I guess I will have to make the best of it. It is weird because in this ward there is 3 sets of missionaries. 1 English companionship, 1 Spanish companionship, and a set of sisters. So there are 6 missionaries at church. We also have dinners together sometimes. It is weird. Oh and the sisters stole on of our investigators but that is ok because he still came to church. We are on the same team right?
So now it is Monday and it is suppose to snow all day long :( Well I hope you all enjoy the weather wherever you are at!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment