Hello everybody out there! How are you doing? I wrote in a previous email that if it wasn't going good then there is something you can do to change it. Now the challenge is finding that something and doing it. Go find and do!
So this week was pretty good. Monday we saw a small mercy from the Lord. After we had played basketball, which was really fun. I can never seem to get enough of it. We had our dinner dropped off and it was very very good. Then we have a standing appointment with a less active family in the ward. We saw him at Walmart earlier that night and he cancelled it. We were really disappointed because we didn't know what we would do instead. The thought came to mind to visit some of our investigators, Jessica and Mary. We hadn't been able to see them in a very long time. We were beginning to worry about them. We stopped by their house and they were home! We got to go in and talk to them for a little while but Jessica had homework to do so we left pretty quickly. We set up a time for a return appointment on Wednesday.
So this Tuesday was AMAZING! We were going to have lunch with our recent converts but they had to cancel because the mother just had some surgery. She wasn't up to it. That was ok because we had been helping this new family, from New York, move into their house since 9 o'clock that morning. The move was really quite fun and we got everything in except for a safe and for a piano, bedcause we were waiting on a ramp. I reallly liked helping them because they are a really cool family. We got to know them much better. The father of the house wasn't able to be there because he had to stay in New York to work for an extra week. Both of us were really sore. We went and tried to visit some people for the rest of the day but no luck. We went back over to the new family's home and we helped them with their safe and piano because they got a ramp. We then had dinner with a really cool family and our recent convert Kayla was there so that was really fun. We have a standing appointment with her and her family on Tuesday nights so we got to see her twice that day. We went from dinner to her house with a team-up. Our team up was a newly ordained elder so that was good for him. First I will tell you that in that house there are two kids who are not baptized. The 11 year old girl has been coming to church consistently so she will be getting baptized soon but her older brother has not come. He sat in on our lesson and it was really cool. I was inspired to tell about my life before my testimony. I was told to share a lot more than I had with any other investigator. He really took to it and he promised to come to church next Sunday! When we left we also got a text message. Oh by the way our whole mission can text now! Crazy right and before my boy, the missionary I am training, leaves they will be able to get to have missionary facebooks! Anyway we got a text from Kayla saying I don't know what you said but he is all excited about coming to church. He decided to go to seminary in the morning and he was reading a Gospel Principles book. He went to seminary Wednesday and Friday, not Thursday because there wasn't any, and he loved it! He has decided to go every day now! Wow the Spirit is so strong it turned him, who was against the church in any way because his whole family went besides him, and now he is interested in listening to us! Miracles!
So the rest of this week wasn't really anything more exciting than that. We were just trying to find more people to teach and to contact our current investigators. We are seeing miracles and now transfers are coming up. I hope that I don't leave because that would mean I would be in a new area for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It wouldn't be cool at all. Well I am in the Lord's hands. I love you all!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment