Hello everybody out there!
Hope everyone is doing well because I am doing GREAT! Well I also hope that everyone knows I love them. Oh about transfers I am staying in Kearney 3rd/2nd with Elder Lesuma. They put sisters into the Kearney 1st Ward. So our work load got a little bit easier but we also lost some really cool people and a great ward. Thats ok though because its selfish to want to stay there and that ward deserves their own set of missionaries. The sisters will do a great job!
Well last week for p-day we tried going to a member's house to do our laundry and their washer took an hour and a half for each load! So we were late to meet the other elders for sports. It took like 4 hours to do our laundry. So today we decided to pay for it so we would have time to do other stuff. This week we had to walk to the laundry mat though beacause the sisters have the car. We looked pretty funny walking in our shirt and ties with our laundry bags over our sholders.
Last Monday I went on exchanges with one of our Zone Leaders and it was really cool! He taught me a lot about how to find people and how to use our time more effectively. He said I was good luck because we got 2 new investigators that night but it was all him. The next day our appointments kept falling through, some good luck I am. We tracted around the areas and we almost got arrested. As we walked up to give these two big african american ladys a card one of them started yelling. "Aw you two again. You came here last saturday and broke the window on my car!" She kept on insisting it was us and called the cops.... they never came cause she couldn't prove it. Oh well it was quite entertaining because we stayed in the area to tract the apartments next to her so she followed us so we wouldn't run away.
We exchanged back later that night and it was pretty cool. That night for planning we planned to go to a city about 6 miles north of us called Holt. We wanted to visit everybody in that town and to tract it out. One of our members from Holt called us and asked us if we could come up there to give her daughter a blessing with her father. We said yes. It was really cool to see that it worked with our plans because things like that usually don't. As we finished we went and visited the less actives there. We went to one house and nobody was home so we saw their neighbor our across the street so we walked over there to talk to him. We got his attention and when he turned around he said "What do you want? I've got a hangover." I had to hold in the laughter because he was this old guy and he was super hick. So we said who we were and asked it he was interested his response was, "You two shouldn't do this at dark because you're in the country now." So we just said ok and asked if there was anything we could help him with anything and his response was, "No I don't need any help, I gotta gun." It was really hard not to laugh at that point. After that we found some less actives and cut their lawn with a weed wacker because it was CRAZY tall. We got our transfer calls later that night and we were happy to be staying together in the same area.
The next day I locked the car key in the trunk.... great. We lucky didn't need the car that day but we would need it later. We called a locksmith over and he was really cool. We talked to him after and he has read the Bible 23 times and is on his 24th but he is reading it in chronological order. He was awesome. Later we taught an investigator and committed her to stop smoking and to go to the Independence Visitor's Center this sunday.
Sunday we had to go to church super early because our ride needed to be there. It was cool though. When we got back we went to go pick up our investigators for the Visitor's Center and they said they couldn't go but thats ok because we were able to visit a lady that has been really less active and she opened up a lot to us. We feel so loved in this ward and feel like we will stay here for a while. Our dinner the other night said they respect us a lot more than any missionaries they've had for a long time. They said they like us so much that they might adopt us. They are really cool. They also want us to come over to dress a chicken.
Well I am doing GREAT! and am loving it, even the sad moments because I am becoming such different person. I look at my desires now and before I left and they are so much different. I love it!!!!!!!!
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment