Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010

Hey everyone!

Sorry that I didn't write a email last week but I didn't have enough time. I was just so busy because we had another districrt p-day and everyone wanted to meet up as early as possible. The district p-day was the last one of this transfer so it was really cool. We spent all day up in Warrensburg, a.k.a. the zone leaders spot. We got to throw the football around, go on the zipline, play pool, and chase these big chicken things. I loved it, our district was so cool and close together. Its sad that we all have to break up but change will be good. Elder Owens did a great job at uniting the district.

Well last week I was going to write about our investigator. One thing is the joy that we bring into his life. I didn't ever think that a visit from me would bring that kind of joy into somebody's life. I know that it isn't because of me or whoever is with me. Its because of the Spirit. I know that our investigator can feel it and wants it more fully in his life. He is taking many steps closer to baptism.

Not yesterday but the Sunday before we had to give talks on Preach My Gospel. It went alright. I just didn't like the subject too much. It felt like I was trying to sell the book to the ward. I wanted to talk on a spiritual topic but oh well. Next time I will get to talk on something else.

Well I got a new companion last Thursday. His name is Elder Jake Allan from Ogden Utah. He is really cool. He played football in high school as well but loves to sing. He knows a lot about sports so its nice to be able to talk sports with somebody who actually knows what they are talking about.

So as I got a new companion that means that my old companion, Elder Owens, went home. I was sad to see him go. I will miss him very much because we became close friends. I hope that he goes home and finds a good woman to marry. I will be seeing him after the mission.

We went out this week and tried to contact lots of potential investigators. We got rejected every time. That's ok though because at least we let them know that we can about them.

We had an All Mission Conference last Saturday. It was AMAZING/THE BEST THING EVER! I absolutely loved it. Elder Bednar came and talked but he said what we talked about was just for us. He said not to spread it to our family and friends. I can tell you that he spoke with such power! I learned so much from him and I didn't want it to end. I was ready to stay and listen to him for the rest of my mission.

I am doing good. I get along with my companion very well. I am loving life and my mission! I love you all and hope and pray that you are all doing well.

Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment