Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 21, 2009

Hello everybody,

Last Monday we had a district P-day. We all met at the Zone Leaders' chapel and played volleyball and basketball. My volleyball experience was not the best because I am very competitive and I basically suck at volleyball so I got frustrated. And to make matters worse we had a sister that thinks she is the best at volleyball and she kept getting mad. Nobody else was very good though so it was alright. Basketball was fun as it always is. You just can't beat a good game of b-ball. Me and companion stayed the night at the Zone Leaders because they were coming to Blue Mills the next day to drop E. Nielson off at the stake center. He plays the piano in all the Christmas Zone Conferences. So we had his companion with us.

On Tuesday we just drove other missionaries to the stake center. They were in the Christmas thing too.

On Wednesday we had a car so we had to go to the other district's meeting. After we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and it was free. The guy who owns it is LDS and he picked up our tab for us, cool huh? We also got some shopping done at Best Buy and Walmart. We had the ward Christmas party that night. As I was helping put stuff out. I was carrying a turkey and the juice spilled all over my pants and suit coat. Now I got to find somewhere to wash it. When it came time to get the food it was awkward because they have the missionaries go first and nobody else can go until we sat down. Everyone was just staring at us. E. McMurray got Bells Palsy so I told him about Raul's experience with it. His isn't as bad as Raul's was.

Friday we had exchanges again. I went with Elder Nielson. We had district meeting first. We all signed each other's journals because transfers are coming up. While I was with E. Nielson we had dinner with the Fosters. They are from IF and know Sid and Sherry's family.

On Saturday we found out my companion is now the District Leader. Which means I am the DLC or District Leaders Companion, which means nothing lol. I was told by our Zone Leaders that, that means I will probably be the DL because I am not a troubled missionary. They usually put the troubled missionaries with the DL's so they can motivate them.

We have the outline for the baptism this Wednesday all made up. Its so exciting to see others getting baptized. I know they are making the right choice and will be able to feel the Holy Ghost more fully in their lives.

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment