Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 2009

Hey everyone! Hope you are doing well.

Well last Tuesday we had Elder Nielson, one of our Zone Leaders, stay at our house for two nights. He was only suppose to stay for one because he was going to Witchata to play in a Christmas musical but it was snowing so bad that Pres. had to cancel it. It was cool having him there because of his influence he had. I understand why he was called to be a Zone Leader. His companion Elder McMurray stayed with some other elders. He is going home next week! Weird huh?

On Tuesday night we had dinner with a family in the ward. She had invited a co-worker over to meet us. He brought his two sons one 12 years old and one 7ish. They were an AMAZING family. He is so ready to hear our message. Its true a testament to God preparing his children to receive his Gospel. This guy believes that families are the most important thing in life and that if everyone got back to good ol' fashion family values that the world would be a much better place to live. He values family and service, he seems ready to me!

On Wednesday night we went to Hawthorne to visit some people. Hawthorne is suppose to be the most ghetto place out here. Everyone talks about it like its super bad but I didn't feel that way at all. They are just in expensive living quarters. Well anyway, Elder Nielson served in Blue Mills Ward back at the beginning of the year so he wanted to go see some former investigators. We went to see them and they said we were an answer to their prayers. They had fallen back into some of their former problems and had stopped attending church, so they had started praying for some help then we showed up. I'm glad they feel that way and I really hope we can help them overcome their trials. They have the right attitude and are great people. While there we also visited a young couple with a set of 5 month old twins. They also were former investigators, they were really nice and want to start coming to church as well. They had me hold one of their little babies and it hit me what a miracle birth is. These children are their responsibility and they are doing a good job raising them and trying to make the right decisions for them. It was good to see a great family moment.

Well this week it has been FREEZING cold! It got down to 7 degrees outside. Something to understand is that 7 degrees here is much colder than 7 degrees out west. It is humid here which causes the cold to cut through whatever you are wearing. That coat that I brought is great though I would already be a popsicle without it. Thanks Brother Cameron!

Well before we can drive we have to memorize a scripture for each bullet point of each lesson from Preach My Gospel. Not only that but we have to know what to talk about in each section. We pass the first one off to our trainer, the 2nd and 3rd to our District Leader, and the 4th and 5th to one of our Zone Leaders. I passed off the first one and am halfway through the second one. Its really helpful and I can see its value.

We had Zone Conference on Friday. It was so cool! I loved being there. When I walked in I noticed the love that was presiding. I never have felt that much love other than in the temple and when I'm with my family. I certainly haven't felt it from that many strangers. We hear from our mission president and his wife, our AP's, and some other guy. (I didn't catch his position) It was great! I love our president and his wife. You can feel the love they have for us and the Lord just pouring out of them. They make us feel so comfortable I'm honored that I get to spend most of my mission with them leading us. Our AP's are also great they are so knowledgeable and willing to help us with anything. One is from Las Vegas! We also got to hear some great Christmas music. It was really cool and we have some great talent here in the mission. One sister who was really good at piano was from.... yup you guessed it Las Vegas! We gotta rep Vegas even out here in Missouri!

This Sunday we had a guy come into the church. He was having some trouble in his life. He lived in a bad place that had drugs and much other stuff happening. He told us lots of sad things that have happened to him, his wife and their 4 children. I wanted to help them so badly and I didn't know how. We got a number for a bishop that we could call. Everyone thinks that they were just telling a story. They want the church to buy them a house, a little much yes. I felt bad and hope that they can overcome any of their problems they have for the sake of their little children. I know the Lord will provide a way for the humble and willing.

I love you all and hope everything is going great for you! Just remember to lean on the Lord for he will help you and will strengthen you. He loves us and wants to see us happy.

Love,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment