Hello everyone! How are you? I am doing really good out here.
So last Monday was pretty fun. We did the normal thing and went to the church to play basketball. When we got to the chuch we got a call from the Zone Leaders and they told us we were getting our car back that day! It is so sweet! I was very happy. It was so nice to be able to drive that car home instead of taking a bus all the way home. It also let us stay at the church to play ball a lot longer.
On Tuesday we got our transfer calls. Elder Davis got transferred to Iola, Kansas. I got a new companion named Elder Mena. He came from the city of Topeka and he was trained by Elder Adair, who is our current district leader. I heard he was really cool and that is right. He is very different from Elder Davis in every way. It is really relieving to have a companion that I feel like I can get along with. He is from a lot of different places but most recently from the Twin Falls, Idaho area. He has also lived in Tri Cities, Washington area. He is really chill and very quiet which is good because it is nice to have some quiet sometimes.
So Wednesday we spent most of the day getting him ready to leave. He needed some stuff and to get suits dry cleaned. We had some appointments that day but they fell through. He was able to get everything ready in time so that was good. We did a lot of running around in the car. I am grateful because we had a full month of miles to use this week so it made things really easy.
Thursday was weird because I had to be in Independence all day long. It was cool though because I got to see a lot of my friends who I haven't seen in a long time. I got to see elder Lesuma and that was really cool. I also got to see a couple of others which was good. Friday we had to go food shopping with the other elders. It was really fun! We went to the Legends to eat afterwards and we ate where we get food for free since we are missionaries. It was good. We had to go and get my package from the FedEx place which was ok because we had a bunch of miles. I love the calender I got in the package. I was really jealous when I saw that my family got to meet Shaq. We got to meet a less active family in our ward that is really cool. They are young and have two adorable children. We also went to an appointment with a part-member family. It was going really good until the lady's mom came down and tried to bash with us. It was a little hard not to argue back but I feel like we did a pretty good job.
Saturday was cool. We got to teach Cedric and he is still working towards baptism. We taught him about agency and he seemed to understand. We then had some other appointments but they fell through. We had a dinner with some recent converts in our ward and that was fun. They are a fun family that loves the missionaries. We get to sign their wall in sharpie. We then went to see that young less active family I had mentioned earlier.
Sunday was good. We had a part-member family come to church! It was great to see them there but the senior couple in our ward is trying to steal them from us. We have been to their house and offered help and now the senior couple is trying to steal them. It is a little frustrating when that happens but we are just going to keep teaching them. We had a fun dinner where my companion, sister glade, and I were the only ones in the whole house that didn't speak Spanish. It was fun though. We then got to see and investigator and get him to commit to come to p-day with us and play ball.
Monday was cool because we had to go to independence with the other elders because some of us had appointments there. So we got to hangout there and to play ball there. I got to see lots of the Polynesian people that I knew when I first started my mission. It was really fun.
Well I love you all! Hope you recognize the blessings in your lives.
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor
Elder Mena and I
Pic of me and a cool wall


No comments:
Post a Comment