Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20 2010

Last Monday was pretty fun. Everyone got to the church pretty early for P-day. We actually weren't the first ones there for the first time in a long time, maybe ever. It was fun. We played basketball the whole time. When happy hour started at Sonic Elder McMullin and I went ran out of the doors so we could make it there before it ended. We do it every P-day because you only have to pay a dollar for a 44 ounce slush. I love it and wish I had used it much more in Vegas. Well then we went on exchanges and it was E. MuMullin's birthday. We went to a member of our bishopric's house and they found out it was his birthday and put candles in the cookies that them made for dessert. It was really cool and nice of them. We then went to FHE with the less active family we see every Monday. I was really excited because we were suppose to erupt a volcano with them but they said they didn't realize that they had to mold it first. So they molded it and we are doing it tonight!

Tuesday was really good. We had a return appointment with this young boy named Seth Boles. It was really awkward this time because he was in a bad mood from school. He did however read what we left with him. He said it was boring which I was surprised at because it was the story of the 2,000 Strippling Warriors. I love that story. Someone in our bishopric said that we should read through 1st Nephi with him because there are tons of stories in there that are really interesting. I think that it will work. We then had dinner with some recent converts the Logue family, their son is getting baptized on Christmas Day! It was so cool and was really fun as it always is at the Logues. They have been wanting to play Scrabble with us for a while so we did. I stink at spelling but I was surprised at how well I did. I got second place the first game and then I WON!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaa I love winning but that was a close one with our investigator with a baptismal date. So that night was really fun.

Wednesday was cool. It was a little bit confusing. We had some of the elders in our zone who were witnesses to a assult so they had to go to Mahattan Kansas for a hearing. One of our Zone Leaders had to drive them so we only had one at district meeting. It was a good meeting though. I had Sister Jenkins give a training and she did a very good job. She said she learned a lot and I was so excited because as I am starting to give out more trainings I am trying to help them learn. I have trained on these things a lot, I am not saying that I know it all, but they may have a different perspective on things. So our other Zone Leader stayed with the other elders all day. They came with us and we took our Christmas picture. Then we came home at 4 15 because our dinner was suppose to pick us up at 4 30 but they didn't end up coming until 7 30. There is a really long story behind it and I don't think I am at liberty to tell it so I'll just say we completely understood.

Thursday was a cool day. We got to see Brother Laudemann again. He is a lonely member and we love going to see him so it was cool. We had dinner that night with a very cool and young family. I love the young families in this ward they are on fire and love missionary work. We then saw one of our investigator's Mary, we are also teaching her grandaughter Jessica but she wasn't there. It was good to be able to talk to Mary. We had team ups that night with Bro. Milward and it was way funny. We went to this referral's house and as we walked up there was two guys standing in the garage with the BBQ going. Smoke was pouring out of the open garage. As we walked up we asked for the referral. She wasn't there and Bro. Milward asked "Are you smoking?" Meaning smoking a meat on the BBQ. They held up the cigars and said "Ummm... ya" Then Bro. Milward said "No not that kind" Their response was "Well we are drinking a beer and smoking cigars but not that kind of stuff." They wern't the sharpest tools in the shed and their next comment went on to make that more clear. They said they were cooking anything on the BBQ they just had a fire going to keep them warm. Now let me lay this out for you. The garage is open, the BBQ is in the garage and going, the garage is filled with smoke from the BBQ and to top it off they are drinking. Not a good idea so kids don't try this at home. Ya so that is the crazy story of the week. We then went and saw Mike, getting baptized on Saturday, and we found out that he is joining the Navy! Way good for him now he has something to keep him busy after high school.

Friday Elder Decker wasn't feeling good so we just stayed inside. Saturday I wasn't feeling so hot so we took it a little bit easier. We did have a appointment that fell through so that wasn't cool. We did get to see Jessica though and that was awkward. She had a bunch of friends over so they all were quite and just looked at us the whole time. We had dinner with our recent converts, the Busheys. It was good.

Sunday was off the cuff all day long. Sacrament meeting was a little bit stressful. The whole meeting didn't go as planned because people were late or they forgot. It almost came down to Elder Decker and I singing with the bishopric to fill some time. I am glad that it didn't. We had a really cool dinner with the Milwards. They are a really funny family and I love going to their house, even though their dogs like to leave their hair all over us. It is ok though because they have lint rollers that we can use so that is cool.

All in all another great week out in Kansas. I still hate the weather but I love the people enough that it makes it ok. Love you all!

--
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment